Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Reading Strategies

We all know how important reading strategies are to becoming successful readers.  My students struggle with many of the strategies.  We would focus on one each week, and by the 3rd week, they couldn't remember the first strategy.

I created this poster to post in the classroom as a reminder of the strategies.  Now, this is not a  "post it and ignore it" type of thing.  I used it as I taught each strategy and I would refer back to it daily, until it became ingrained in their heads!

I printed the poster on a small vistaprint banner.  The printing came out fabulous and the vinyl of the banner means it will last for years to come!  This could very easily be printed onto a bookmark for students to keep at their desks.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment